1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Cantonese Style Pork and Prawn Dumplings
- 125g pork mince
- 90g chopped watercress
- 110g water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20ml) sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) soya sauce
- pinch ground white pepper
- pinch salt
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 500g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- oil for shallow frying
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, watercress, water chestnuts, spring onion, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, white pepper and salt and mix together well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful of filling onto each wrapper. Place 1 prawn on the filling, slightly wet the edge of the wrapper, fold over and pinch with your fingers to form a tight seal all the way around. Ensure no air is trapped inside the sealed wrapper.
- To cook: Pan fry the dumplings in a large frying pan over medium heat with a little oil for 15 minutes, turning over halfway through. Or, place them in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and serve in hot chicken stock.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!