About this recipe:This is one of the best bacon and cheese recipe I've come across. Healthy is not the goal here. It's good comfort food! (--,)
Filipino style creamy carbonara recipe is another simple pasta dish. It is usually consist of pasta and a creamy white sauce topped with ham, bacon & cheeze.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-30 minutes.
Good for 4-6 person.
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
2. Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Fry the ham, drain and cut into small square pieces. Set aside.
4. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add 3/4 of fried bacon and ham.
5. Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup.
6. Add the all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil.
7. Season with ground pepper.
8. Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty.
9. Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
10. Prepare pasta on pasta tray, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and ham bits and chopped parsley.
11. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!
1. For additional ingredients, you may add 250 grams of mushrooms and a can of tuna saute together with bacon and ham.
Don't forget to put 1-teaspoon of rock salt in noodles while boiing to add some salty taste. You can mix 1-pack of cheesy pack into the sause, instead of grinding a cheezy bar after.