1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Basic Sushi Roll
- 135 g uncooked short-grain white rice
- 45 ml rice vinegar
- 40 g white sugar
- 9 g salt
- 4 sheets nori seaweed sheets
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled, cut into small strips
- 30 g pickled ginger
- 1 avocado
- 225 g imitation crabmeat, flaked
Prep:45min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hr5min
- In a medium saucepan, bring 375ml (1,1/2 cups) water to a boil. Add rice, and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
- Preheat oven to 150 C. On a medium baking tray, heat nori in the preheated oven 1 to 2 minutes, until warm.
- Centre one sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer. Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber, ginger, avocado and seafood of your choice in a line down the centre of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!